MBChB, HSDOG, ArBOG, BSCCP, MD(Res), FRCOG
Mr. Ahmad Sayasneh is a highly experienced consultant specializing in gynaecology and gynaecological oncology surgery, with a particular focus on women’s well-being and female aesthetics. His wide range of specialist expertise covers aesthetic gynaecology, endometriosis, menorrhagia (heavy periods), pelvic pain, gynaecological cancer, colposcopy, and gynaecological ultrasounds. Mr. Sayasneh is committed to providing the highest quality of patient care and has a deep understanding of the unique needs and concerns of women.
Mr. Sayasneh completed his initial medical studies in Damascus, Syria in 1998 before relocating to London to further hir training. He underwent obstetrics and gynaecology training with a subspecialty in gynaecological oncology at the London Deanery, Hammersmith Hospital. His commitment to excellence led him to pursue advanced training in vaginal surgery for benign diseases at Cambridge University Hospitals, where he gained expertise in reconstructive vaginal surgery. Mr. Sayasneh has also gained valuable knowledge and experience through prestigious international fellowships in the Czech Republic, Italy, and Germany, further enhancing his expertise in various aspects of the field. He has a specialist interest in the management of vulval atrophy and lichen sclerosis. Dr. Sayasneh underwent colposcopy training and was accredited as a colposcopist by the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
In addition to his clinical work, Mr. Sayasneh is dedicated to educating future generations of gynaecological consultants. He holds the position of an Associate Professor (Reader) in the Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine at King’s College London since 2016, and he has been an honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College London since 2015.
Mr. Sayasneh is a prolific researcher and has made significant contributions to the field of Women’s Health. He has a long list of publications, with over 60 scientific papers in international peer-reviewed journals. Additionally, he has authored two chapters in renowned medical textbooks, including “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Ovarian Cysts.” His expertise has led to invitations to speak and chair sessions at several international meetings, where he shares his knowledge on the use of ultrasound, diagnostics, and surgical management of different gynaecological disorders.
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- The National Cervical Cancer Coalition
- European Association for Transluminal Surgery
- International Society for Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
- International Ovarian Tumour Analysis Group (IOTA)
- East Anglian Obstetrical and Gynaecological Society
- European School of Oncology club
- Surgical Oncology Trainee Association
- International, European and British Societies of Gynecological Oncology (IGCS, ESGO, BGCS)
- The British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
- 1998: MBChB, Damascus University, Syria
- 1998-2003: Higher Studies Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with a post-graduation (Master’s) thesis in Hysteroscopy, Damascus University
- 2004: ArBOG, Arab Board in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 2006: MRCOG, Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 2009: BSCCP Colposcopy
- 2010: ATSM Vaginal Surgery for benign disease (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists London)
- 2011: ATSM Vulval disease (Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists London).
- 2015: MD(Res) Imperial College London
- 2015: Dual CCT Obstetrics and Gynaecology, subspecialty in gynaecological oncology, ATSM advanced training module in vulval disease, ATSM
Treatments at the Ghanem Clinic
- Wellbeing of Women
- Menopause care
- Pelvic floor care
- Female Aesthetics
- Postpartum clinic
- One stop gynaecological diagnostic clinic
- Pelvic pain solutions
- Minimal access surgery
- Gynaecological cancer care
- Psychosexual gynaecological disorders